In an Our Thoughts article, we listed 10 things we don’t miss when the school year ends and then realized that when our children are gone how we miss those same 10 things in some form or fashion. Here is our top 10 list again.
1. Grading papers
2. Writing out lesson plans
3. Adjusting lesson plans over & over
4. Wrestling with how to explain clearly concepts they could not understand
5. Butting heads over subjects of little interest
6. Explaining why we had to learn certain facts
7. Pushing to meet deadlines
8. When school & life collided
9. Worrying if they learned enough that year
10. Why? Why? Why?
What would your list include? Add to our list . . . . . .
Field Trips help make learning fun and make lasting impressions. Some of our family’s top field trips:
1. Flying down to Florida to watch the shuttle with John Glenn
2. Visiting the Wright Brothers National Memorial
3. Brattonsville, SC
What were some of your top field trip experiences? Share and continue the list
“Quotable Quotes” or “Out of the mouth of babes . . . .”
Let’s expand on the quotable quote listed as #1 in the top Ten Homeschooling Moments..
Continue the list with some of your student’s famous sayings. . . . .
1. When my 6th grader told me, “Mom, we don’t have to get this all done today!”
2. “Mom, you are the hardest teacher I ever had!”
We would like to hear your favorite quote(s) from your student(s). Please comment below.